Recently, my son and I shared an afternoon over lunch and turmeric lattes. Turmeric lattes are so delicious, and a great way to consume this wonderful spice that is both an anti-inflammatory and antioxidant.
Many studies have been done on turmeric. There is some evidence that it might help fight off or lessen heart disease, cancer, metabolic syndrome, Alzheimer’s and other conditions.
It can also help with arthritis and boost our mood. One study claimed it was as powerful as Prozac!
Now, I’m not suggesting you stop any medication and devour turmeric. You must always ask your doctor before stopping any medication or medical treatment.
What I am saying is that turmeric is natural, seems to have a lot of health indications and tastes great in many versatile ways.
It is also high in Vitamin C, B, and iron.
If you decide to use turmeric pills or powder, make sure you read your labels carefully to make sure it is not mixed with unhealthy ingredients.
If you have suggestions on how to best enjoy this beautiful root, please feel free to share in the comments below.
Healthy Turmeric Latte Recipe
Meanwhile, here is a simple Turmeric Latte recipe (serves 2):
- 2 cups milk coconut milk, almond milk or cashew milk
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/3 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2–3 tsp honey (sweeten to taste)
- Pinch ground black pepper (black pepper helps to activate the benefits of turmeric)
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until well-combined.
- Add to a small pot on the stovetop and warm turmeric latte on a low-medium heat until heated to your desired level of hotness.
- Remove from heat and pour into mugs. Top with a little extra cinnamon. Enjoy!